Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

New Information Added to Sept. 1, 2011, Post

As frequently occurs in research, new information is discovered which lends new “light” to the story.  This past weekend I attended a genealogy workshop.  As I was examining some Wilkes County land abstract books that were for sale at the event, I discovered evidence of another land grant which John Balus West had received in 1835.  The grant was for 100 acres on the Yadkin River.  During my next visit to the court house in Wilkesboro, North Carolina, I plan to locate and copy this land grant.  I have added this additional information to the 4th paragraph of the post, “The West Patriarch:  3rd in a Series, John Balus West.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in my blog and for your comment. I have the option of allowing your comments to become public. I will not publish comments with home addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses unless the responder gives permission. I receive notification when someone adds a comment. However, I cannot reply directly to these comments. In order to see my reply, you will need to check the post again.

You may click on photos to enlarge them.