Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

North Carolina Author: George Franklin McNeil (1934-present)

George Franklin McNeil, born in 1934 to Commodore Christa McNeil and Eva Green Clary, is my 5th cousin 1X removed and the 3rd cousin of my great grandmother, America Ann McNeil West.
Even though George McNeil has not written and published prose or poetry, he has compiled and published valuable documents.
George Franklin McNeil was married to Joyce Bessie Dancy, who passed away in 2003.  Together they worked diligently transcribing, abstracting, and indexing legal documents and recording cemetery data in Wilkes County, North Carolina.  In fact, according to Faye Jarvis Moran, the McNeils visited more than 768 cemeteries in Wilkes County and developed a database of more than 50,000 grave records.[i]  Their works, which are housed in the Wilkes Community College library, are valuable resources for professional and amateur genealogists.[ii]
I appreciate and thank George Franklin McNeil for the compilations completed by his wife and him and for the information that he shared with me this past summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in my blog and for your comment. I have the option of allowing your comments to become public. I will not publish comments with home addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses unless the responder gives permission. I receive notification when someone adds a comment. However, I cannot reply directly to these comments. In order to see my reply, you will need to check the post again.

You may click on photos to enlarge them.