Total Pageviews

Friday, February 24, 2017

Charlotte Is Alive and Well!


I know that it’s been a long time since my last post.  I just wanted you to know that I am still alive and well!

I hope to get a post out soon. Writing for this blog has taken “a back-seat” to the other things in which I am involved.  In addition to this blog, I manage a couple of Facebook groups and 10 DNA accounts. I am also the registrar for my local chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution which keeps me quite busy helping members and prospective members with their research and applications.

A year ago, Doug and I visited the Wilkes County Heritage Museum in Wilkesboro, North Carolina.  I am eager to share photos and information about our visit. Research on my West family has slowed because of lack of time to research and lack of the amount of information available that I haven’t already collected.  I still have hopes that DNA testing, particularly Y-DNA, will provide us with the answers that we need regarding our West ancestors who preceded Alexander West (born about 1730).

4 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte,
    I am working on my West line. Specifically that of Eleanor "Nellie" West (said to be the daughter of John West and Mary Madden) who married Alexander Barnhill.

    Alexander and Nellie would have been my 5th great grandparents.

    Would you have any information on this couple? I see you have used Family Finder DNA in your research. I have had my father, my siblings and myself tested, would love to find out if we are related to the same West family.

    Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roberta, Thanks for commenting in my blog. I am excited to know that you descend from Eleanor "Nellie" West who was likely the sister of my Alexander West, b c1730. Alexander was my 5th gr grandfather. I have tested with FTDNA and with Ancestry. I would love to know if my sister, my daughter, or I match with you and your family. If you will please send me another comment in this post with your email address, even though I don't have a lot of information on them, I will be happy to share what I have. I will not post your next comment if you include your email in it. Without your email, I can only reply to you here. I look forward to hearing from you again. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charlotte, First off let me thank you upfront for having this blog and putting many hours into your research. It is not only informative but also intriguing. In researching my ancestry I stumbled upon your blog and it appears we are 6th cousins. A quick line up the tree is from myself to; Louis G., Vester Loyd, George Ira, Clinton P., John, Benjamin, and finally Rev. George McNeil. One of the items on my to do list is to visit TN and NC this fall. I am wondering if you have any info on the location of the McNeil-Faw-Riggs Cemetery. Any assistance you could lend will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank You,
    Ken McNeal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ken, Thanks so much for your comment. Yes, it appears that we are 6th cousins! I wish I could help you with the location of the McNeil-Faw-Riggs Cemetery. Rev. George McNeil is buried in Parsonville, Wilkes Co, NC. I don't know if that is in the cemetery your mentioned. I have never visited his burial place but have seen photos of the monument erected to him where he is buried. Try looking on Find-a-Grave for the cemetery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your interest in my blog and for your comment. I have the option of allowing your comments to become public. I will not publish comments with home addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses unless the responder gives permission. I receive notification when someone adds a comment. However, I cannot reply directly to these comments. In order to see my reply, you will need to check the post again.

You may click on photos to enlarge them.